Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time 7-10 weeks
- Order number: AU-02265
It is vital that if someone enters the water, they are located and rescued swiftly to improve their likelihood of survival, and increasingly, thermal imagery is being used to help speed up the search process.
The Thermal Imaging Hood was designed to meet the growing demand for teams to be able to train for water rescues using thermal imaging technology.
Many search and rescue teams now utilise thermal imaging (including from helicopters and drones) to locate victims in the water as this is easier and quicker to search large areas of open water.
The innovative Thermal Imaging Hood can be worn by any adult Ruth Lee Water Rescue manikin, meaning you can quickly and easily upgrade your current Ruth Lee manikin to have an effective thermal imaging capability.
• innovative design which is created specifically for use with Ruth Lee Rescue Training Manikins
• fits snugly over the head of our Adult Water Rescue Manikins to ensure it stays in place in the roughest of waters
• extensively tested with Bristow (current contract holders for the UK Coastguard operations) and several UK based SAR operators using Thermal Imaging Cameras
• strong, woven material which has some degree of stretch allows for the fast dispersal of heat across the garment
• the hood is heated by a 6amp battery which is attached to the manikin’s torso using a specially designed holster
• the battery is attached to the manikin in a holster on the torso. The life of the battery is approx 4 hrs (depending on the ambient temperature of the water)
cell type: Li-Ion
voltage: 12 volts
Note: Not suited for use in temperatures above 100 °C or flashover scenarios!
thermal imaging camera, person search, missing person search, person rescue, training, exercise, heat vest, heat overalls, heat suit, heat pack, location