The Mountain Rescue Manikin was originally developed in conjunction with Scottish Mountain Rescue. The standard manikins were too heavy to be able to carry up a mountain to set a training scenario for body recovery following an avalanche so we were asked if we were able to create something that would fit their brief.
The manikin is made from flame retardant Polyester which typically has four times the strength and abrasion resistance of P.V.C and is filled with foam to give the bulk and firmness of a body whilst being lightweight and easy to manoeuvre. The manikin also comes complete with a backpack that enables the manikin to be folded in half and easily transported.
It has now integrated RECCO reflectors into the Mountain Rescue manikin to utilise this rescue system. The RECCO reflector makes an avalanche victim searchable to professional rescuers. It is a complement to a transceiver and RECCO detectors are used by rescue teams in over 800 ski resorts worldwide.
• light weight at only 11 kg for ease of transportation
• spongy resistance when probing for realism
• secure pockets to protect the electronic transceiver when probing
• life-like facial features with mouth cavity to check for obstructions
• water resistant and non-absorbant to reduce drying time after exercises
size: 1.80 m
weight: 11 kg