The PMVA (Prevention and Management of Violence and Aggression) Manikin was designed in collaboration with a leading secure hospital, specialising in physical intervention training aimed at reducing the escalation of violence in mental health establishments. It has quickly proven to be a popular choice and is equally valuable to those managing potentially violent persons, such as prisons, the Police and even special schools.
Since Covid19 struck, many trainers are looking for ways to minimise person-to-person contact and in testing, it was found that 90% of different hold techniques can now be physically trained whilst social distancing. This has enabled the secure hospital who helped develop the manikin to successfully complete return to work assessments and refresher training much more quickly than previous training methods.
• this manikin has a different arm/hand design than any of our other manikins. It comes complete with gloved hands, which articulate at the correct pressure points
• a wide range of different physical intervention techniques can be performed and holds can be performed in a seated or lying position
• tests in training demonstrate that using the manikin greatly minimises person-to-person contact, allowing teams to complete important assessments quickly in a post-covid era
• a strong webbing loop at the back allows easy handling, hauling aloft, storage and suspension for drying
• comes complete with boots and overalls which are easily replaced if damaged
size: 1.80 m
weight: 30 kg