Thermal Imaging is increasingly important, not only within the fire service, allowing for faster and more accurate body searches in poor visibility environments, but also with a large number of search and rescue teams who may use thermal imaging (including from helicopters and drones) to locate victims.
This robust suit can be worn by any Ruth Lee adult manikin (Up to 90kg) and then a special overall (included in the price) is placed over the thermal suit to provide protection and to help evenly distribute the heat for better imaging using thermal cameras.
• innovative design which is created specifically for use with Ruth Lee Rescue Training Manikins to replicate a highly accurate human body form when using thermal imaging cameras
• the Suit is easy to put onto a manikin and remove as required for flexibility in your training
• extensively tested with Severn Park training centre and several UK based Fire and Rescue Services using Thermal Imaging Cameras
• strong, woven material allows fast dispersal of heat across the whole body of the manikin, including a hood which covers the head
• the suit can be put into the washing machine if it becomes soiled
• the battery can be used like a mobile phone whereby the suit is pre-heated and then used for approx. 1-2 hours (depending on ambient temperature), or with the battery attached in a holster on the side of the leg. Having the battery attached prolongs the usage time to approx. 3-4 hours (depending on ambient temperature), especially useful for search and rescue (SAR) or Urban SAR operations
charger with USB-plug
cell type: Li-Ion
voltage: 100–265 volts
AC: 50-60 Hertz
Note: Not suited for use in temperatures above 100 °C or flashover scenarios!